Need help with Expressions

Hi,

I’m not new to Facer but never really worked with Expressions this complicated. I wanted to make a cool watch that I found on the Internet:
Imgur

In the Picture you can see this turning wheel that shows you the date of the month. I want to do the same on my Facer design but don’t really know how to do it.

This is how it Looks so far:
Imgur

I still need to find a way to turn the Numbers so that they’re always upright, but right now I just want to find out if this is even possible.

I have a Picture of the Numbers (1-32) in a Circle. Now I want to use the #DdL# Expression (if that’s even the right one to use) so the Picture turns every day so the right number appears on the same spot.

Right now it turns the Picture way too little. If I use something like -#DdL# 1 it kinda works but I don’t really know why and this method still isn’t perfect.

Can someone tell me if I’m on the right path or if there is a way to do this properly?

Thanks

1 Like

#DMR#
Day of Month Rotational Code (11.612903225806452(for 1st)-360(for 31th) with intervals of 11.612903225806452)

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Hello and welcome. I suggest you simply search for better day number ring image with proper text orientation, or make your own. This one might not be perfect, just for illustration
DateRingBW
then in the rotation use (starting angle+#Dd#*360/31)
(starting angle in this case should be around 0 to 2°, you have to experiment)

2 Likes

Welcome to the Facer.comunidad group @ devran.cakici

This is a group where you can meet very good designers, programmers and good people … who can help you with your questions and ideas …

Regarding your question …

With the theme of vertical letters … I think the same as
@petruuccios … the most practical thing is, that you use a new PNG image, already designing, with the letters vertically … as you show in the first photo , as an example…
In this way you will achieve the effect you want …

Hope we were able to help with your question …
Enjoy the group !!!

Cordially JDCardozo

Hey, thanks for the great tip. It worked flawlessly. About the Date Rings: I have searched the entire Internet for one but I can’t seem to find one. Do you maybe know some websites where I can find some?

Thanks again.

How’s this for you?

And here’s a Face I have to see all the correct Tags needed, Inspection is On so you can look for yourself, just open the Face then select the Rocket-Inspection Icon symbol so you can Inspect it all ok :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this all helps you :+1:

2 Likes

Below the Black Date Circle there is a White one as well, it’s hard to see white on white, but just hover over it and you’ll see it, then you can click on it and select to download if you want to.

1 Like

Just to make it easier for you, I have rotated both wheels so that they start with 01 on the right hand side ok -

:arrow_upper_left: White there
:arrow_upper_left: Black there

2 Likes

Sorry, I do not know of such image source. I usually make my own images or modify them from images of real watch parts.

Thanks alot it looks great!

1 Like

Be careful with #DMR#, it’s rotation is based on the max number of days in a month on some watches (like Fossil), so the rotation will be off on months with less than 31 days.
The expression (#Dd#/31*360) would always work with a 31 number date wheel.

3 Likes

Hey, Thanks for all of your quick Help. I could Finally finish this Watch. Hope you Like it.

Edit: Does someone know why the watch misses some parts when you view it in the App. Is this a known bug?

3 Likes

Looking very good devran, excellent work :clap:

1 Like

I thought you used an image, but I see you made almost everything in facer, that must have been a hell of a job!

Progress bars and Arcs are not displayed correctly in the app:
image image

1 Like

Hi, yes I even did the hour, minute and second hand in facer then i screenshoted them one by one and put them into gimp to center them and to remove the background. Then I put them in the real watch. The rounded text on the bottom I actually did in Word. I’ve been working half a Year on this Watchface. But that has more to do with me being frustrated because I didn’t knew how to do the date and at the time I didn’t knew Facer community existed.

The bug with the Arcs not being displayed correctly explains the watch looking weird.

Thanks alot!

Maybe you could hide hands and make one more screenshot at 100% zoom, cut out transparent date window and reinsert it as single image layer, so you can remove the bars and arcs

Yes that would be an option. But i’m worried that i will lose sharpnes due to the Screenshot. But maybe i’ll try that. Is there a way to just put a picture of the watch in the app. Like a profile picture but for the watch?

I think the best option is to remove the arc and use many small squares to replace it. But it sucks that I now can’t use any arcs in future watches.

Well, your best option would be to design the entire watch in gimp (or any other image tool).
Most design at large size (I use 2000x2000px) and then resize the output in the image tool to 640x640 before uploading it to Facer creator.

1 Like