Temperature display stopped working

Thank you for supporting all of us so diligently. Hope we get a resolution soon.

I guess we’re not getting the update today… :tired_face:

Or today…

1 Like

Disappointing. Bad developer support Samsung!

Finally got it!

I was not able to update Facer, but I could uninstall and then reinstall it, and it appears to be working

1 Like

Hey Hey,

I was also unable to update it, gave me a weird error.

But uninstall and re-install worked.

Location and weather showing up delightfully…

1 Like

Same here! Initial update failed but after uninstall and reinstall, it is working! Thank you!

1 Like

YES! Glad it’s working for everybody! The update path is unlikely to work due to an architectural change in Facer for Tizen that was necessary to work around the firmware bug. We are going to send a broad communication to all Samsung users about it. Glad to hear you are not only able to install, but also that it does fixes a number of your issues!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! This update fixed all Gear 3 issues. Temp and weather are working fine. Like others, I just had to uninstall the companion app, THEN reinstall the new version. Everything’s working great!

1 Like

I don’t want to be Betty Buzzkill, but I installed the new version about 4 hours ago and it worked perfectly when I applied my watch face.

It’s now 4 hours later and the location and weather have reverted back to what it was pre-update. :frowning:

I’m going to uninstall and re-install the app on my watch and see if it comes right…

1 Like

Ditto. Uninstall and reinstall brought temperature back, at least for the moment. Hope it sticks!

OK, here’s where things get strange…

At work… it works… shows location and weather…
At home… nada…

@Facer_Official Facer on Gear S3 synced with Note 8 still not working properly. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Facer and companion apps several times. Initially the watch face will display weather and phone battery status. After that, it does not seem to update the weather and phone battery status. Additionally, when I turn off/on my watch, the weather and phone battery status is blank. These problems occur both on WiFi and moble. I must say, I’m getting a little frustrated. Are you still pursuing update to companion app? I would be happy to try any troubleshooting or testing ideas you might have and report back. I would like to be able to use Facer.
Thanks,
Jamie

Update: seems to be working but slow to update. How often should it be updating? Also, what source does the app use for weather/temperature data?
Thanks,
Jamie

@spntop I don’t have any answers for you, but I wanted to reply just to say mine is doing pretty much the same. It’s updating the weather, just slow to update. I’m honestly just happy it’s no longer just displaying 2 dashes, or blank where the weather should be anymore.

@Facer_Official Since updating to 4.2.7 the phone battery status doesn’t seem to refresh at all. Minor issue, but still something I noticed. Previously, prior to 4.2.7 when this would happen, just opening the Facer app on my phone would often force the phone battery level to update on the watch. Any tricks to get the phone battery to refresh?

1 Like

@Facer_Official I also updated to 4.2.7. I’ve a gear S3 and a galaxy s6 and phone battery and weather info are not refreshing data:(

my Version is 4.2.9.2 and still there is no Weather information showing at the watch.

Samsun Gear S3 frontier
Samsung Galaxy S8+

1 Like

phone battery and weather info are stil not refreshing data.

Is there anything in progress?

Samsun Gear S3 frontier
Samsung Galaxy S8+

@Facer_Official is there anything in the works to correct the phone battery not displaying? It either populates once on the first face sync, or not at all. Even when it does show, it then never refreshes or updates. It only stays at whatever value the phone battery was at when the face was synced and never changes from there. In most cases, if you just change faces without syncing them from the phone, it never shows anything.

Samsung S8 and Gear S3–both with the most recent versions of Facer and the companion app.

Thank you.

Hi there!

Can you confirm which version of the app you have on the phone and watch? Just want to make sure you’re indeed on the latest (the Gear App Store in particular isn’t great at auto-updating apps).

Phone battery should update every 10 minutes if you’re on the latest.

@Facer_Official I always manually update my apps, but for reference:

Companion v.4.2.10
App v.4.5.14_91728

Phone battery never updates unless I manually sync and already-synced watch face.