Total calories burned

Hello friends. An acquaintance sent me this watch stating that the creator has listed the total calories burned. I’ve been looking everywhere, but I don’t know how he got to this number, which is otherwise quite accurate. Can’t anyone help? The creator does not have an authorized inspector.

6 Likes

As yet there is no Tag for Calories burnt . It is calculated from the step count.
Look out for the TOMAJA Mini Tutorials .

1 Like

Thank you.

He’s asking for me, and I’m not sure that I see anything in the link that you provided for total daily calories.

I know that @marco69h knows how to calculate calories burned from walking, (because I use a ton of his watch faces, lol), but how is the designer mentioned in the OP getting both calories from walking, (the steps > calories calculation I’m sure), AND the total calories burned?

That’s the stumbling block.

Thanks.

1 Like

There is no way to measure the Calories burnt other than from the steps . Some estimates of additional consumption could be made from maximum Heart rate I suppose . The question should be addressed to the Designer in comments if this reply does not answer the question .

1 Like

Cannot inspect above at the moment.
That Maths is a little wrong.
(round((33.575)/200)) equals 0 so if you multiply anything by Zero you get zero.
I will try inspect Spideys Kcal count when I am on my Laptop.

@louandmaura @marco69h @icrltd4.
I am so very sorry I missed the main point.
Perhaps when you guys pose questions you could accent the main point " TOTAL " . So silly OLD buggers like me can get a Grip quicker.
:joy::yum::rofl::+1:

Obviously the calculations for the TOTAL calories burned in a day are vague and relate to body mass etc as I can see from my search on the internet.
It seems like 2000 Kcal per day is a good average . 400 Kcal is a good estimate for 10000 steps. That is what @icrltd4 formula gives .
So we could spread the 2000 over the day and tack on the calories from the steps.
I you are still Interested I can do the Maths for you .
I would not mind betting someone else does it before me.
:grinning: :+1:

Have a look at this see what you think.
I have based the daily consumption on 2000
the steps on 500 Kcal per 10000 steps.
I have used #DWFHS# as it give s a smoother readout during the course of the day than #DH#.
If I was a PRO I suppose I could look at the Heart Rate during the course of the day and add that on to the Addition . Sadly I am Not .

1 Like

@icrltd4
I see what has happened.
This is the formula from your Spidey Watch

((round((3*3.5*75)/200))*(round(#ZSC#/110)))

Obviously got corrupted in the copy and pasting.
It works fine but I do not quite understand the Maths.

1 Like

mathematics is not my strong point, it will be nice if you calculate it for me :slight_smile: surely others will appreciate it too

3 Likes

@russellcresser You got it wrong when you said my Formula got corrupted so I deleted that whole comment :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Nice Test Gizmo

I wish I knew what was going on here .
I had a good copy of your working maths in my comment .
It obviously gets converted when we post things .
So I have nothing but Apologies.
But are we not having fun ?
I am extremely grateful to all @icrltd4 @marco69h @louandmaura for raising this topic.
I am working on an Apple watch that is Fitness centric and I was upset that my Calories and Steps were directly proportional . So thanks again . :laughing: :+1:

@marco69h Please see the test I made Above. I am Presuming you know how to Inspect it and grab the Maths of the Layer Tags. :+1:

I adapted that example Face so much that I ended up Publishing it :joy:

1 Like

Sadly not for Apple . I am off to get that now . :+1: :grinning: :joy:

russellcresser I’m testing … I’m still at 120 kcal., 1361 in total … difference between watch and Samsung Healt + 140 kcal on watch

1 Like

Oh Fantastic Marco . I will run a test as well . It is great to work on a project with someone. So 140 Difference is not so bad . The trouble with using an average is most people fall either side of the average by a similar amount so we need two numbers to be more accurate . There are loads of calculators on the Internet to calculate your estimated Calorie count from you Bio Metrics. Tables for Calories per step as well . So we should be able to Calibrate the Calculation to an Individual . But not on my Watch .

The values are very good on average … very good work. I’ll test until tonight … to get the values higher, then averaging better

1 Like

Some shots from my watch and phone. See the full day I had is a good set of data for calibrating. But I notice the Steps Calories are glquite accurate. Just need to calibrate the resting calories better.

Screen_20220104_224921

3 Likes

That’s pretty darn good.

They only differ by 7%.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Yeah all that is estimated. Samsung makes an estimate. They are just trying to encourage us to be a bit more active than I was yesterday. :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I am glad that a good job has been done. This is useful information.

2 Likes