Watch 4: real time heartrate/pulse solved

If you are like myself and want to see live/realtime heartbeat/heartrate/pulse on your Samsung watch 4, there is a new solution:

There is a new app “Heart Rate Complication”:

• instal the app
  • make watchface with complications (sorry, Facer Creator PRO users only)
  • set Complication (on your watch) to “Heart Rate Complication”

Voila! Now you have live heartrate, just like we had on Watch 3.

link to app (not my app, I’m not advertising):

or search for “Heart Rate Complication” in Google Store, watch section.

Same thing for Calories/distance/floors but different app:

or search for “Health Services Complications”, watch section.

1 Like

There is new “Health Connect API”, Google and Samsung are working on it, I hope it will be implemented by Facer soon and the problem will be solved.

If you are interested watch:

Here is my collection of watchfaces that have live heartbeat, solved through “Heart Rate Complication” by Amoledwatchfaces:

1 Like

Update:

If someone stumble upon this topic: Facer has solved this, heartrate/puls now works, showing results in real time.
No need for solution with complications anymore.

1 Like

Sadly the Sensor reading is constant . But theoretically only while the face is displayed . So the green light is flashing a lot but I have seen it get stuck . Switching to a Native face and back solves that . As we move o it will get Better .

1 Like

LOL

From my perspective: luckily the sensor reading is constant. I want it to be constant.

And yes, I’ve also noticed that if watchface gets stuck the fastest way to solve it is switching to Samsung watchface and back.

In the meantime I’ve rewarded myself with watch 5 pro. Now I’m missing the rotating bezel and enjoying longer battery life.

2 Likes

Yeah all I was saying is a Poll every 15 seconds would be fine and save a bit of power. My watch warms up 2 degrees C if I have the Facer HR on.
If you have a 5 now you are not concerned about ECO. :joy::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

@masterboyhr
Congratulations on the watch 5 Pro! I really don’t miss the physical ring at all. My only complaint with the capacitive ring is it is way too fast. At least it’s slower than it was back on the Active 2 watch. It was almost unusable there. If they would slow it’s movement down compared to your input it would be better. BUT for the extra battery life the 5 Pro has, I’m just being nitpicky.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m not sorry for getting it.

Compared to watch4, the battery life of watch5 pro is fantastic!
With everything on (except AOD), snoring, night oxygen, raise to wake, sport detection, workouts… I’m getting 2 - 2.5 days.
Without “raise to wake” it goes to 3 - 3.5 days!

All I needed and hoped for is one full day without thinking about battery watch. For example, if I travel somewhere I need 1.5 days. Watch4 drove me crazy, at the end of the day it had about 20% battery left so I had to think about charging it all the time.

But rotating bezel… I miss it very much. I have to say - it was much better.
Maybe, as you say, I’m just being nitpicky. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nope you’re not! I constantly kick myself for having bought a GW4 instead of a GW4 Classic. I prefer my original GW1 just for the bezel, but its display isn’t as good as my GW4 and it is quite s l o w.
(plus its battery life is much better)

2 Likes

We’ll see what will happen with watch 6… I was a bit disappointed, there is not much difference between watch 4 and 5, except for the battery life.

1 Like

For Battery Life get Huawei GT2 I am testing mine again . 29% after running for 5 Days . Sadly it runs Home Grown OS only . HR live take 4 seconds to read on contact .

1 Like

I had my eye on Garmin… then mrantisocialguy slapped that idea out of me… informed me that Facer does not work with Garmin.

2 Likes

Now you know why I’m called Mr. Antisocial Guy, I’ll just slap stuff clean out of your head. :rofl:

3 Likes

That only locks the Facer out, but does not mean you cant make your own faces for it. They have the theme studio tool for that, but it is not as easy as Facer and the learning curve is steep again.

1 Like

Don’t you have to load it to your watch through a Chinese Proxy . It was too complicated for me when I looked at it . They Vet the Faces as well I am sure.

I did not dive in the transfer process. Got scared away with the tool it self :slight_smile: I played with the GT runner briefly, before it went under the Christmas tree. Wanted to know if I would be able to customize it for my brother, but did not manage it fast enough. Maybe one day, if I get super bored, will give it another try. He is happy with it anyway. Its light and its battery life is way better than any WearOS watch I know.

1 Like

I love the GT2 The Stop Watch uses the Bottom physical Button . Sadly not both or the Top one . Non of them get it perfect . I love my GW4 more ( and Facer ). Having a little go on WFS . Love the Idea that the files are on my Laptop .
You have made me think about looking at the GT2 platform again .