[Watch Face] Pilot Carbon Steel

Some friends from the freindly stock challenge thread may recognize this face is similar to one I did in there, but this time I polished it up with outside graphics. I’m quite happy with this one, it turned out pretty good.

-Classic Pilot Watch on the surface
-Real Active Gyrosope top and centre. Reacts to your movements. If your watch has a compass, it will show your direction as well.
-Gyro active glass reflection.
-Watch battery level percentage and graph left of Gyroscope. Graph will be red below 35%, green above 60%, and yellow in between.
-Month Window right of Gyroscope
-Current weather condition icon, temperature and elevation in 9 o’clock window.
-4 day forecast of weather condition & high/low temperature graph in 3 o’clock window.
-Current moon phase and age of moon in 7 o’clock window.
-Day of month in 4 o’clock window
-Sunrise/sunset times in 6 o’clock window, with accurate graphical representation of daylight and nightime.

For reference,
here is the older version from the stock challenge:

8 Likes

And no HR or steps

Me like

Curious with everything going on how it will be on the battery.

I’ll sync tomorrow morning and find out

2 Likes

Thanks @tom.itssos. Battery won’t be impacted very much - you won’t notice it. I’ve got faces with much more going on, and never noticed a change.

3 Likes

Nice work Brad, you always do a good job, well done :beers:

2 Likes

That Polished up Nice . I would put that on my watch if I was not having so much trouble at the moment . I can only do on or two Syncs before I have to reboot my Laptop . Got fed up logging in to everything 6 times a day .

1 Like

Thank you @russellcresser. Much appreciated. Unless I’m in the Creator Web app, I do most of my syncs through my phone, I find it quicker than my PC. It’s more direct, because my watch is only bluetooth & when you sync via PC it goes through the phone any way.

I’m curious to those that have an analogue watch, I don’t so I can’t check. Is the hour hand above or below the minute hand? Is the second hand on top of everything? I feel it is a dumb question, honestly don’t know…??

2 Likes

Sadly I can Rarely sync frm my Phone. I can from my Tablet if I am in Creator. But not frm the app. Samsung Tablet Samsung Watch will not work.

In the good old days the rotation of the hands came from 3 concentric shafts. So Second was a pin and the min and hrs were tubes. So second on top then minute then hour then 24 / Sun hour then moon rotation then the rest of the planets. Sorry. Me being Stupid.

2 Likes

Everything works perfectly Brad, including the compass, and all the Hands are on top of each other correctly as you stated as well :ok_hand:

1 Like

Actually, not everything is working well there. I have noticed on some watches that the lines are not connecting between the temperatures in the graph. You aren’t on WearOS4 by any chance are you?

2 Likes

GW4 yes, and here’s your first one -

2 Likes

Ah yes, WearOS4. I have been getting photos of my watch faces from users who seem to be wanting to show me some appreciation, and I’ve been noticing the WearOS 4 ones aren’t showing the graph lines. But Tizen and older WearOS ones are showing the graph lines. I’m hoping it is just a bug that will eventually be worked out. Thanks for the pix! :+1:

2 Likes

To early in the day to tell about battery yet but

Maybe it’s my watch, whenever I click the face to turn the screen on, it takes a couple of seconds before background shows up, just hands and numbers everywhere, then it comes in.

Just FYI :wink:

2 Likes

Good Morning Tom . I find the watch gets glitchy if there are to many HD faces on the watch .If I want my tiny watch to work properly I jus have the one . Though it does have a few Layers. It is usually posh Graphics that cause Overhead. Some Maths is Taxing but everything is running in Milliseconds . The processor is probably 2MEG/sec or more. .

1 Like

@russellcresser

Thank for the info as always

I’ll have to figure out how to delete past faces.
I still have all those test faces from when we were experimenting. Haha

1 Like

Or do you mean on the watch Sorry .

Triple tap your Display . navigate e Right to the face you want to delete . See faint upper Right 1-2 cross . touch that then confirm Deletion .

2 Likes

Yeah, from watch, not a creator. Haha

Thanks again Sir

2 Likes

On the GW4 it’s actually triple tap, then scroll left to see other Faces come in on the right, then tap a hold a Face to get the option to delete it :wink:

2 Likes

@icrltd4

Probably same on my citizen, ill find out tonight

Thank you both

2 Likes

It’s a slightly different more cumbersome process in the citizen or with premium access, not sure which but I got them all removed.

Thanks again for at least the direction :wink:

2 Likes

OK Brad,

Honest review

After my normal 10 hours of driving, I had 68% battery left, about 55 when I took it off for bed so battery usage is great for me.

Everything works but
Driving down the road, everything is a bit small and hard to read with the truck bouncing around as it does.

Definitely will wear when home or done for the day, just not while driving.

Again, thank you for a cool watchface Sir

3 Likes