Fresh Faces Page Swamped

ā€œI understand some of your frustration - itā€™s really hard to get into the Partner programā€

You dont understand nothing,we are just showing whats happens in specific cases, was those due to a bug? Ok ,is there a solution? Temporary yes, for us just unfollow ,there is no frustrati on. The only little disappoint for me is to see a big partners partecipation when we touch their nervs but no one post to help in design topics lately, ppl that have subscribe pro creator i think had to have some help since if Iā€™m not wrong that is a conditional rule

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m sorry, but I do understand, I was also in the same situation once.

I used to participate here a lot, but then, when we make partner, posts like this happens. People accuse you of things you did not do, people become toxic. Is it jealousy? I donā€™t know, but posts like this on right here, is what you can thank for people not contributing more around here.

2 Likes

there is a problem with the like button not registering sometimes even though it adds them to your liked list the button stays unliked. There is also a HUGE problem with bots from certain countries using facer to legitimize its existence

1 Like

To get back on the original topic question, @beatnickjones are you saying that bots are actually creating watch face designs so that the Recent page is flooded with them?

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a pretty busy week and no time to chime in here, but Iā€™ve attempted to follow the thread.

As to the original topic, I have never seen that myself, but it certainly sounds like a bug and nothing in the hands of any designers.

As to free faces. I think there are a lot of ways to look at it, but the bottom line to me is ā€œfreeā€ isnā€™t only referring to the price, itā€™s also that everyone should feel free to publish their work for whatever reasons and whenever they choose. For the vast majority itā€™s just a fun hobby and they donā€™t care about the charts, for I suppose a certain number of people there is greater ambition so the issue of visibility is more important. And then for some still, some partners to be specific, free faces are part of our business model. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that either.

Facer as a business makes most of their revenue from sales of individual faces and from premium subscriptions. Partners provide most of that content. I view it similar to any other small business, it takes a lot of investment of time and money to get a business going. I put a considerable amount of time into making watch faces for 3 years before it became a legitimate income stream. It was an enjoyable hobby with no reward beyond the satisfaction of a completed project. But I did start to have ambitions beyond that, and now 4+ years into it itā€™s a significant part of how I earn my living. Now that my small business is finally up and running in the black, yes, I am going to consider how to best manage my publishing strategy, which includes both paid and free faces, in a way that I think is most beneficial to my business. Spamming or flooding certainly wouldnā€™t be one of those strategies. But neither would refraining from publishing free faces.

The best advice given here to answer a lot of questions is often the same: Make faces because you enjoy doing it, and make the faces that you yourself want to wear. If you have great graphics skills, or a great talent or a knack for making designs that get tons on syncs, I promise you Facer will notice. Maybe something will happen, maybe not. But hopefully you are enjoying the hobby along the way.

Iā€™m curious about this oneā€¦ can you elaborate?

5 Likes

nice cover :+1: so there is none that could help this boy?

i have no pro version to help him

2 Likes

no but the faces that get liked repeatedly are seeming to be that way as i have 5 people that constantly like the same face day after day without sync it

1 Like

As long as itā€™s just likes that you are getting, is there a problem? How does that affect the Recent (designs published) page?

1 Like

Interesting topic/tangent

Donā€™t mind the newb to much

As to the original topic, I have not see this but, Iā€™m still new so, grain of salt and all.
Well, other than same watch different color.

As to the tangent this discussion morphed in to.

Being a former business owner myself, I totally understand wanting to get paid for work done, but, also, goodwill goes a long way whether it be assisting here in the forums or helping guys with private requests.
Stating that, repeat customers!
Im willing to bet some of those private requesters would be willing to send a few dollars your way just to make said face.

Not being a Partner, I have not read the agreement Iā€™m sure you have to agree to but I doubt it says, ā€œYou are not allowed to help people anymoreā€.

How about a Facer employee chiming in

2 Likes

I may have some insight on that. When someone likes your watch face it goes to the top of their favorites. Just the same as the last saved watch face goes to the top of our creator. I have one person who keeps liking one watch of mine and he has said on numerous faces that, that one watch is his favorite. Iā€™ve went to his Facer user page and that watch is at the top of his favorite list. Your people that keep liking your watch may have discovered that if they do that it will be at the top where they can find it if they need it quickly.

6 Likes

Thanks MAG. Good trick. Likey Likey Likey.

2 Likes

Itā€™s an interesting topic (the one it morphed into).

Honestly, Iā€™m sure that Facer wishes it could make literally everybody partners. If everybody could sell their faces, and Facer got a chunk of every saleā€¦the more the merrier, right? The problem lies in copyright issues because Facer could get sued left and right for copyright infringement. Thatā€™s the vast majority of the lingo in the contract we partners sign. ā€œThou shalt not sell unoriginal contentā€ etc etc.

Funny side note: we donā€™t even get a free premium membership as partners. We still have to pay for that.

I am admittedly nowhere near as active on here as I probably should be. I apologize for that. I enjoy helping people, and I know that is true for pretty much every other partner Iā€™ve interacted with. This place is a treasure trove of coding information, which has helped me tremendously.

If anyone would like specific questions answered or feedback given on designs, Iā€™d highly recommend joining the Facer-community Slack channel. Itā€™s not always busy over there, but itā€™s a great way to reach out to individuals such as myself or Bsharp.

3 Likes

It appears that Batwolf was correct. I requested that we stay on the original topic, yet I was ignored.
If you like to just talk among yourselves go right ahead but do not complain if none of the partners show up to participate in the community.

2 Likes

So you say that partners not partecipate beccause we not stay on topic? Sorry but thaths Is hylarious ,you are hiking on the mirrors , looks at all the help request topics how many are off topic lol.Is it possible that with all that partners only 2 or 3 get their cintribution here? I really dunno why they post in off topic and dont post in help sections beccause we go off topic ,intriguing,and always accuse free amateurs of frustration for not to be a part of them when i think that 90% of us are here just for fun or personal challenge and satisfaction

1 Like

@Linlay

I must have missed something
I do not see where you asked to get back on topic, you asked a user about something within the original topic, got a reply and replied to it.
All within that said topic.

Still waiting on facer employee interaction though

As to the tangent,
Should a new thread be started, maybe, will partners not reply, sadly, probably seeing some responses.

I think itā€™s clear by now, partners have no clout as assumed, thatā€™s been beaten in but.

Also mentioned above and awaiting facer employee interaction, is, are partners not allowed to help in the forums, it seems from your and the gentlemen you quoted, batwolf, that your not, willing that is because people have differing opinions from your own.

And possibly do requests.

Problem is, the few I have talked to give the same response.
I do not want to confuse my clients or do work that is subpar ā€œtarnish my brandā€ still canā€™t figure that one out, how is a slight modification tarnishing a brand?
If anything, the slight changes shows customers willingness to go above and beyond which ā€œmight very well bring in more clientsā€

2 Likes

Please try the ā€œResourcesā€ section before slandering partners. I dare say that there are a lot of interesting topics started directly by partners as a ā€œtutorialā€. These are the places where those who have come up with something interesting themselves share this knowledge. Nobody forbade them.
The problem is that about a year ago (maybe a little more) there was a campaign from those who wanted to be partners, but they did not succeed. I donā€™t want to judge if their work was at that level. Since then, there has been a bit of an opinion that partners are pure evil and superhumans who will not help anyone. This was the period when a large part of the partners resigned, because despite all the efforts to do so, it led to the maximum feeling ā€œthe partner took pity, letā€™s rejoiceā€.

I try to help when I know. I canā€™t do math animations, I canā€™t do sequences, I canā€™t calculate the position of the moon. I know a bit about progressbar, I can try something on GW4. Because Iā€™m from Europe, I often sleep when someone in the other half of the world has a problem, so I come late so often.

Perhaps the situation will calm down a bit again and we will be able to focus on what we enjoy here. And thatā€™s the creation of watchfaces.

(Iā€™m sorry, if something isnā€™t completely understandable, then Google translator is to blame)

5 Likes

Indeed. Help does not have to come from partners but sometimes does. There are plenty of people in the community that can help in all manner of ways but you wouldnā€™t expect to contact Samsung and ask them to make a telly with sparkles on the corners just for you.

Suggestions for possible improvement/versions, however, might be taken in better faith but still by no means a guarantee.
Basically, donā€™t be this guy:

3 Likes

I Personally think this Topic has Become very Intresting in many respects but mostly as it has brought together all the Usual Suspects.
The people who have chipped in on this one are the People who are found here regularly.
I have followed through on a few Topics now I can not remember one that did not Drift off Topic if it had some pages to it. People will always come in at a Tangent as our interests and Motivations are different. Thank God For that.

2 Likes

Dear All,
Is there anyone who feel that, suddenly sync and like reduced from yesterday. Compare with last 10 days, sync and like reduced drastically. I know though it depends on user / follower. But i feel and raise question that maybe there are any other issues. Please correct if i am wrong. Thank you all.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone noticed . We were all so busy doing this . Now are you sure you question is on Topic ? :grinning: I think you will find fluctuations in activity regardless . The whole thing is run by a BOT I think is a Little like MARVIN the Paranoid Android from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Having a personality problem will make Bot a little erratic . I understand your concern as you are as Keen as Mustard . But I think you will find over a Period things Pan Out as they are Supposed to Be . :+1:

2 Likes