Fresh Faces Page Swamped

A lot of the Folk we try to help on a Day to Day Basis here have not even attempted a Search for Anything and the last thing they are going to Dial Up is Forum Etiquette. I think we All have to let things Wobble a little while the Bogies Stay on the Track ::))

4 Likes

Much respect to everyone here in the Facer Community. I have been following this topic and was quite happy to read the latest comments from @Linlay and @GAUSS - you guys are always very helpful, and I love your designs too :grinning:
Partners or not, this is the best place to come to create Faces, regardless of anyones talent levels, and there is always so much to enjoy learning. Simply the best Face designing place there is :slightly_smiling_face: Have fun creating whatever kind of Faces you want everyone, I certainly do whenever I can, and really value all the help I’ve had along the way…thanks everyone :+1::beers:

5 Likes

Open invitation that wasn’t posted on their forum or web site, or messaged to users? Doesn’t sound very open.

My demeanor changed the day I realized I actually didn’t want to be a partner. Up to that point, I was nice as pie. Now I’m for the people. Yay! :smiley: You spend a lot of time defending Little Labs, claiming they’re busy with this, that and the other. The truth of the matter is, they don’t respond, and that’s bad business. If they’re so busy, maybe hire more people? They have plenty of people paying them money, so while I’m sure their overheads are not zero (data centre costs anyone?), they don’t have to come up with any of their own content. Their overheads in the grand scheme of things ain’t particularly high.

Exactly. Which is why the freebie charts could be a great resource for new designers to build a following. And this is the point. Partners already get way more resources than non-partners, and so to break into that is near impossible. Kind of like the music charts. Indie musicians don’t stand a chance against those with management that has national/international clout with radio stations and other resources that get air play. So, I don’t think anyone has suggested that partners not use the freebie charts. In fact, I think if they were banned from it, it would be bad for everyone. It would just be nice if they had a bit of class about it. And most of you do.

For me, the day I decided I didn’t want to be a partner was when I realized that all my faces that have charted are ones I really don’t care about. It was just the straw that broke the camels back though. Facer has lots of problems, mostly minor, but that all add up to a bad experience for those that care. For those that don’t care, well, its just water off a ducks, or camels back. :smiley:

6 Likes

eg

2 Likes

i’m unfollowing all that come with multiple notification ,unfortunally loose the screenshot i did monday to show a weird thing , mike ob 7 notification but b# only one , they are bot partners but different notification , mah…

2 Likes

I recall reading a public announcement, but I don’t remember where. Maybe phone app? Community? There was an expiration on it until Jan 31 with a note that there would be another opportunity in the future.

It’s not that easy. Companies in the US are having a hard time finding workers. During COVID lockdowns the government paid people not to work. Businesses folded and others are hanging on by a thread. Many people who stayed home have decided that they like that lifestyle so they are not going back to work. I don’t know about Facer, but they did advertise for help.

As to the freebie charts, the last time I looked I had 3 in there. Should I contribute more? What type of “class” should I add to my designs? I can assure you that I will not be publishing a large number of them in one day. Today I counted almost 20 from one member, thus taking up real estate on the Recent page - which is why this discussion was started. That is just inconsiderate. I wonder if people do not realize that they all show up on one page. (The issue with multiple notifications for the same designs is a software bug.)

3 Likes

I saw the announcement about hiring, and I also had an email as well, so I obviously applied :grin:

3 Likes

Oh great . We might get Animations on the Apple Watches Now. :::)))

4 Likes

There is NO F***ING way I would apply to work for Facer. I’d be afraid I would get a job and then everyone would blame me for anything that happens here!!! :joy::rofl::laughing:

6 Likes

Ha Ha .

3 Likes

The only difference is that you would be getting a check while being blamed for everything that happens here…

3 Likes

Very true.

3 Likes

🤦

Am i a Ghost? :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You are just going to have to put more time and effort into you contribution to Facer Free. :joy::slightly_smiling_face::wink:

1 Like

they are like a dementor
hpdementor

2 Likes

They say they miss you using the App, but then say Take the Mini-Survey: I had that a while ago and ignored it, purely because it looks/sounds suspicious to me. In my opinion it was fake, dodgy, and maybe phishing.

2 Likes

Its all Phishing . All the advertising and Promo stuff on my Laptop and Tablet is about watches now .

3 Likes

Makes me glad I use adblockers on all my web browsers.

4 Likes

I work in the programmable advertising business. The reason you see all the advertising about watchfaces is because you use so many watchface related pages, do many google searches about watch faces, etc. This is called probammatic targeting. Phishing is where a websites pretends to be another website in order to steal your money, very different thing.

3 Likes

So essentially you take but do not give. Website owners use advertising to pay for their services. Hosting websites takes a lot of time and money, and by using adblockers, you’re essentially just giving them the middle finger by using their website.

2 Likes